An animated GIF file can be used for a wide variety of purposes, among them:
- Marketing: showcasing a product; playing an ad or banner
- Training: explaining a process or how-to
- Internal Comms: highlighting company culture; sharing sneak peeks of upcoming events
- Personal: sending everyday or holiday greetings; sharing memes
Once you've created your Powtoon, generating a GIF file is quick and easy. For best results, note the following before starting out:
- As each GIF file is generated from one slide, make sure that all the content you want to include in your GIF is on that slide.
- The GIF file can be up to 6 seconds.
- As a GIF file includes animation but not sound, there is no need to add a soundtrack or voiceover to the Powtoon slide.
- If you want your GIF file to include text, make sure that the text font size is at least 80 pt.
- The GIF file, when played, will be looped.
To create a GIF from a slide:
- In the slide panel, select the slide that you want to save as a GIF.
- In the toolbar, click Export.
- Select Download animated GIF.
- By default, the GIF begins from the beginning of the slide and extends for 6 seconds. If you would like the GIF to include a different part of the scene, adjust the start and end points of the slider accordingly.
- Click the play button to preview the GIF.
- When you are happy with how the GIF plays, choose the desired aspect ratio
- Click Download GIF
The GIF file is downloaded to your computer and saved in your designated downloads folder.